St Paul's Marton

At the bottom of this file are some more photos of the church as well as the Picken monument in the grounds.

The Small granite plaque on the wall facing the memorial says:
"This stone was laid
by J. P. DIXON ESQ. J.P.
of the Mount Marton
on
June 27th 1808"

The inscription on the Memorial reads:
THIS CROSS,
THE GIFT OF MR. & MRS J.P. DIXON
OF "THE MOUNT"
IS ERECTED TO THE GLORY OF GOD
AND IN PROUD MEMORY OF
THESE MARTON MEN
WHO GAVE THEIR LIVES 
IN THE GREAT WAR
1914-1919

The names are below:
A. Ashbridge
H. Ashworth
W. Atkinson
T. Bailey
J. Ball
H. Birchall
J. Bickerstaffe
C. Blackhurst
W. Blaylock
J. Boardman
R. Boardman
T. Boardman
H. Bowden
J. Bowden
U. Braithwaite
R. Bamber
J. W. Cardwell
C. Cardwell
F. Cardwell
F. J. Cardwell
P. Cardwell
H. Cardwell
T. Cardwell
T. Cardwell(2)
W. Cardwell
W. H. Cardwell
J. H. Cookson
E. B. Dixon
A. A. Dochard
J. Fisher
H. Fitzgerald
W. Foulds
H. Harland
T. Hall
T. Hill
J. W. Hornby
A. Irving
J. Irving
F. S. Johson
E. Leeming
H. Lightbown
J. Lund
R. P. Moister
R. Myerscough
N. Robey
G. Rawcliffe
J. Stirzaker
E. Sanderson
R. Sanderson
A. Stafford
J. Singleton
J. Threlfall
G. Topping
R. Topping
G. Wade
R. Wade
J. Wade
H. J. Warren
P. H. Warren
S. Waddington
T. Whiteside
J. Whiteside

Looking towards the Boars Head from the church Grounds

Looking from the Picken Memorial

The Picken Memorial

No Pews!

The Altar separated by a glass screen

The Organ

Another view of the church interior

Another view of the memorial